ISSUE: Message-id management

Mike Fitzpatrick mjfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Tue May 6 02:30:32 PDT 2008

Hi Mark,

    Upon reflection, I'm willing to concede that a hub-msg-id is not
entirely
a bad idea, however I still think your checksum example is a bit on the
fanciful side of likely uses for it.
     The strongest argument for this is that it facilitates the Hub
implementation
in avoiding any state information, but this needs to be made clearer in the
spec; at the very least by clarifying the footnote as to its intent but I
would
prefer a more direct discussion of why there are separate ID strings for
those
developers that don't immediately see their use.  I agree we shouldn't
dictate
implementation details, neither should we make design elements too oblique
for them to be used by novice developers relying only on the spec for
guidance
in implementing SAMP in their apps.

Cheers,
-Mike