SAMP draft text

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Fri May 2 06:36:39 PDT 2008

Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:
> And these differ from the current image.highlight.sky and
> table.highlight mtypes how?

Because I have neither an image nor a table? I have a a set of
coordinates.

> Coord.point might be a generalization, (but then, shouldn't we all
> fight against generalizations 8-))
> but you're limiting it to sky coordinates.

Then it's not a generalisation, is it?

But then we are astronomers after all, pointing at an ra, dec is
something we want to do a lot... ;)

> Can't I point at an (x,y) position in an image or  a cell in a
> table just as well?

Sure, and that's what the  image.highlight.pixel and the
table.highlight.cell messages are for... but I have neither an image,
nor a table... which is what coords.* is for surely?

Al.