Registration and private vs public keys

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Fri May 2 05:55:01 PDT 2008

Mark Taylor wrote:
> Alasdair Allan wrote:
>> If so I think I've just run into our first toolkit issue... *sigh*
>
> this is a toolkit issue only in that it looks like your toolkit is
> buggy;

I think that's the case, which is actually rather puzzling. If I get
time I'll dig through the SVN and find out if this is a new "feature"
because I haven't stubbed my toes on it before.

> ...the XML-RPC spec says
>
>    The body of the response is a single XML structure, a
> <methodResponse>,
>    which can contain a single <params> which contains a single <param>
>    which contains a single <value>.
>
> The examples in sec 4.4 are not in any sense meant to be normative,
> they are just illustrations of combining the rules in the rest of
> the document with the XML-RPC specification.

Yup.

>> but that's going to get really icky. It also means I'm going to have
>> to look carefully at all the back and forth on the wire in case it's
>> adding anything else dumb in there.
>
> Once we get multiple hub implementations using different languages
> and different toolkits this sort of thing will show up pretty quickly.

Yup. Looking forward to it... I wonder what crazyness we'll find?

I've now successfully managed to hack together and override class and
made the relevant server methods to be slightly less stupid,
hopefully that's the last toolkit I'll run into... ;)

Cheers,
Al.