Registration and private vs public keys

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Fri May 2 04:27:58 PDT 2008

Mark Taylor wrote:
> Alasdair Allan wrote:
>> When a client registers with a Hub it gets its private-key back
>> from the Hub. Should it also get it's public-key (ie the client-
>> id)? Is there any circumstances where a client will need to know
>> its own client-id?
>
> Currently undecided: see first part of the ISSUE: getHubID/
> getSelfID thread.

Okay. Another issue... looks like we might get tool kit issues,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<methodCall>
<methodName>samp.hub.register</methodName>
<params>
</params>
</methodCall>

Which looks exactly like example method call from the specification.
I get his back from the Perl XMLRPC server

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<methodResponse>
<params>
</params>
</methodResponse>

rather than what you have in section 4.4 which doesn't have the

line included. Is what you have what is returned from a Java
implementation? If so I think I've just run into our first toolkit
issue... *sigh*

Al.