SAMPY undocumented features

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:03:09 PDT 2008

Hi Luigi,
Congratulations on creating SAMPY - I'm sure it will be very useful to the
community.

Regarding your multi-user use case, I don't pretend to fully understand it
but here's some questions and suggestions.
1) You have several users, but they must all log into the machine using the
same username?  Presumably there's some good reason for why you can't just
assign different usernames to your users?
2) If you are are using your own custom mtypes, there's no reason why you
couldn't pass a username parameter to disambiguate your users (and run a
single hub).  You could have  simple proxy apps that sit between the hub and
your actual datareduction programs to spawns instances as needed.

Keep up the good work,

John

--
Google Pittsburgh is hiring!